|Mrs Fox's Felt Apple Needle Case Kit|
|Needle Case Kit|
Last week I ended up digging out the felt apple needle case kit I made last year, dead simple to make and a lovely gift.
|Shapes to cut out to make our own felt apple needle case|
You will need:
2 Red & 2 white felt squares approx 15cm x 15cm
Smaller scraps of green and brown felt
Red, white and green embroidery silks
needle and scissors
You will need to use blanket stitch and running stitch.
- Cut out 2 red apple shapes that take up almost the whole 15cm square. Then 2 smaller white apple shapes.
- Take the white embroidery silk, threading your needle with two strands. Centre one of the white apple shapes on one of the red, sew them together in a neat running stitch around the edge.
- Using a single strand of white sew a blanket stitch around the circumference of the other white apple shape. Position the brown pips onto this shape and overstitch them into position.
- Lay the second piece of white onto the first, line them up and with a neat running stitch (again in white) sew up the centre of the two pieces.
- Take your ribbons and secure them with a few stitches to the back of the red apple shape, being careful not to go through the white pieces as well.
- Take the second piece of red apple, arrange the stalk and leaf in position slightly overlapping the leaf onto the stalk and sew into place using green thread, making sure you put a couple of stitches through the leaf, stalk and red apple shape to hold them all together in place. Sew up the centre of the leaf in a running stitch.
- Finally, lay the two pieces of red apple together, using2 strands of red thread and starting at the stalk, sewing away from it, sew the two apple pieces together using blanket stitch. When you get back to the stalk split your silk into a single thickness and blanket stitch up around the stalk.
|And the back looks like this...|
And there you have it a simple first sewing project and makes a great little gift for someone who likes to sew.
Mrs Fox's has made this little craft into a kit that contains everything you need to make one felt apple needle case, you can purchase the kit for £6 +p&p through Folksy.com.