A Spring Walk in White


With the children back at school after Easter Holidays the dogs and I have returned to our walks across the fields at the back of the house each morning.  When the Little Foxes are around we tend to head down to the lakes where there are path's suitable for their bikes.

Today's walk was so beautiful I wanted to capture it on film and share it with you.  It was all about the fresh Spring whites and greens of new growth.  The smells and sounds of Spring and the promise of summer sunshine.  So, so beautiful. And with new and exciting changes hovering on the horizon of my and my family's life this year it seemed like a promise of good things to come.


The first elderflowers of the year...


the white flowers on the "dead nettles"...


my May-time favourites, the flowers of the hawthorn bushes...


the white flowers on the broad beans the farmer has planted in the fields...


blossom on the crab apple trees.

And finally in my garden the white lilac is flowering beautifully.  We had been threatening to cut it down as it has had so few flowers on it in previous years, but this year is the best ever:


No comments

Back to Top