Decorating Inspiration: A Room of Colour

A room in Virginia Woolf's home
It's taking a while to complete on the new house, so, I am channeling the energy born of frustration into lots of decorating ideas.  I want to be bold with colour in this home, no more minimalist white walls for us.  A muddle of texture and colour, pattern and pleasure for the eye that's what I'm after.

from The Black Dog by Levi Penfold
from The Black Dog by Levi Penfold
Inspiration is coming from all over the place; the little fox's books and children's TV shows:
BBC's adaptation of Katie Morag by Mairi Hedderwick
CBBC's adaptation of Katie Morag by Mairi Hedderwick
Inspiration has come from nature - I love the colour of this lichen, but hate yellow walls in rooms, so I have to think of a way to use it as an accent, maybe with grey.  

And our holiday in Sardinia - I am itching to use bright orange somewhere, kitchen maybe. 
There have been surprises, I've found myself attracted to the idea of a green room and using pink - a colour I have always thought of as one of my least favourites.

Pinterest has been a treasure trove of ideas.  I'm particularly pleased with the development of the ideas for our hall cum bootroom:

Follow Mrs Fox's's board Hallways & Utility on Pinterest.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Back to Top